Thinking of adding Chinese herbal medicine to your holistic practice?
Take A Time To Heal’s Introductory Course in Chinese Veterinary Herbal Medicine, with Drs. Steve Marsden& Nate Heilman in beautiful Vermont.
In the summer, over the course of four modules (3 on site, 1 online), you’ll learn how to integrate this powerful system of medicine into daily practice, to solve your most challenging cases. We emphasize classical Chinese medicine, in a very friendly, relaxed, environment. Come and learn classic Chinese medicine, reflected in the theory and medicines that have persisted for centuries.
Emphasis on the Chinese Medical Metaphor
- Yin and Yang Theory
- The Vital Substances (Qi’s manifestations)
- Zang – Fu Organ Physiology and Pathology
- The Six Heavenly Influences
- Four Levels of Pathogen Penetration (Wen Bi)
- Six Phases according to the Shang Han Lun
- Eight Principle Theory
- Five Element Theory Case Examples: History Interpretation
- How to Integrate Acupuncture and Herbalism
- ...and more
Common Chinese Medical Diagnoses (e.g.)
- Spleen Qi Deficiency
- Spleen Qi Deficiency -> Damp Heat/Cold
- Lung Qi and Yin Deficiency
- Lung Phlegm (Hot/Cold) Stagnation
- Heart Blood Deficiency
- Liver Blood and Yin Deficiency
- Liver Qi Stagnation
- Kidney Qi, Yin, and Yang Deficiency
- Triple Burner/Gall Bladder Obstruction
- Stomach Heat Patterns
- ...and many others
80 Herbal Formulas / 130+ Individual Herbs
- Qi, Blood, Yin, Yang Tonic Herbs & Formulas
- Qi Moving / Regulating Herbs and Formulas
- Damp Draining Herbs and Formulas
- Phlegm Moving Herbs and Formulas
- Aromatic Herbs that Drain Damp/Expel Wind
- Downward Draining Herbs/Formulas
- Blood Moving Herbs and Formulas
- Herbs and Formulas to stop Bleeding
- Herbs & Formulas that Extinguish Liver Wind
- Herbs and Formulas to Calm the Shen
- ....and several other categories
Introductory Course: This course and its modules will be offered again in 2020. Please contact us with any questions!
Advanced Course w/ Drs. Steve Marsden & Erin Bannink: This course will be offered again in 2020. Please contact us with any questions!