Thinking of adding Chinese herbal medicine to your holistic practice?
Take A Time To Heal’s Introductory Course in Classical Chinese Veterinary Herbal Medicine, with Dr. Steve Marsden and Dr. Nate Heilman.
Our Course is currently offered in Vermont during the summer months and consists of four modules (three on-site, one online).
You will learn how to integrate this powerful system of medicine into daily practice, to solve your most challenging cases. We emphasize classical Chinese medicine, in a very friendly, relaxed, environment. Wholesome home-cooked meals and snacks are included! Come and learn classic Chinese medicine, reflected in the theory and medicines that have persisted for centuries.
Emphasis on the Chinese Medical Metaphor
- Yin and Yang Theory
- The Vital Substances (Qi’s manifestations)
- Zang – Fu Organ Physiology and Pathology
- The Six Heavenly Influences
- Four Levels of Pathogen Penetration (Wen Bi)
- Six Phases according to the Shang Han Lun
- Eight Principle Theory
- Five Element Theory Case Examples: History Interpretation
- How to Integrate Acupuncture and Herbalism
- ...and more
Common Chinese Medical Diagnoses (e.g.)
- Spleen Qi Deficiency
- Spleen Qi Deficiency -> Damp Heat/Cold
- Lung Qi and Yin Deficiency
- Lung Phlegm (Hot/Cold) Stagnation
- Heart Blood Deficiency
- Liver Blood and Yin Deficiency
- Liver Qi Stagnation
- Kidney Qi, Yin, and Yang Deficiency
- Triple Burner/Gall Bladder Obstruction
- Stomach Heat Patterns
- ...and many others
80 Herbal Formulas / 130+ Individual Herbs
- Qi, Blood, Yin, Yang Tonic Herbs & Formulas
- Qi Moving / Regulating Herbs and Formulas
- Damp Draining Herbs and Formulas
- Phlegm Moving Herbs and Formulas
- Aromatic Herbs that Drain Damp/Expel Wind
- Downward Draining Herbs/Formulas
- Blood Moving Herbs and Formulas
- Herbs and Formulas to stop Bleeding
- Herbs & Formulas that Extinguish Liver Wind
- Herbs and Formulas to Calm the Shen
- ....and several other categories
Introductory Course: This course and its modules will be offered again in 2020. Please contact us with any questions!
Advanced Course w/ Drs. Steve Marsden, Erin Bannink and Nate Heilman: This course will be offered again in 2020. Please contact us with any questions!
A Time To Heal's Courses are Co-sponsored by: